Facilitating Administration of Justice that ensures easy access and timely delivery of Justice to the litigants in Assam
Ensuring adequacy of subordinate Courts and Judges/ Judicial Officers therein, Govt. Advocates /Govt. Pleaders / Public prosecutors, Notary Public, modernization of Court and procedures, implementation of policies for Judicial reforms towards improved Justice delivery system
JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT TRANSACTS THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS:
- Establishment matters of officers of Assam Judicial Service / Legal Service.
- Legal views on any matter referred to by other Administrative Departments.
- Preparation of budget
- Proposal for Creation and Retention of the posts submitted by the High Court as well as Subordinate Courts
- Matter relating to appointment of Advocate General/ Addl, Advocate General
- Matter relating to appointment of Govt. Pleaders and Public Prosecutors for conducting Govt. cases in the district and subordinate Courts and payment of fees.
- Matter relating to appointment of Govt. Advocates in the High Court, payment of their fees and maintenance of the office of the Sr. Govt. Advocate, Assam
- Matters relating to conduct of Govt. cases in Supreme Court and payment of Advocate fees
- To maintain liaison between the High Court and the Govt. in matters as prescribed in the Constitution
- Service matters relating to the Assam Judicial, Legal Service, Presiding Officers, Labour Court and different Tribunals.
- Administrative Control of the office of the Advocate General, Assam and the Govt. Advocate, Assam